Still got paperwork to sort through? How do you keep your language in tip top shape? Want to find your career path? Thinking of doing an internship? Let ThirdYearAbroad.com give you some insight into careers, professions, language tips and further education opportunities!
We give you the lowdown on year abroad insurance - what to look out for, help you avoid nasty surprises and make sure you’re suited and booted to experience a great year abroad, minus the incomprehensible legal jargon! Read through our expert advice and let us know if you have any questions.
A listing is detailed information on a particular course or venue in a city, which has been added to ThirdYearAbroad.com by one of our users. You can add one yourself here. A review is a user's opinion/rating of a listing, so you can only write a review if the listing exists already.
How do I set up a profile on ThirdYearAbroad.com?
You can register with ThirdYearAbroad.com by clicking register here at the top right-hand corner of the site. You can even use the information on your Facebook profile by clicking on the blue 'connect' button - which means you don't have to fill out a whole new profile!
Why should I sign up?
1. Join the first FREE all-inclusive network for university year abroad students!
2. Get exclusive access to constantly-updated Members-only year abroad information on the website and future events.
3. Create your own online guidebook to your city using Google Maps™ technology, and keep all your top recommendations in one place.
4. Get the latest special offers and discounts, specifically for year abroad students.
5. Receive our monthly newsletter for guidance at each stage of your year abroad, and find out about the latest jobs and career advice for linguists.
6. Share your worries and advice with other members in our forum.
7. Keep an online travel journal and help other students benefit from your experiences.
8. Contribute an article to the site, see your name in print and get some first-hand travel writing experience for your CV!
9. Use our Members-only search engine to find other students going to the same destination as you.
10. Get involved in the next phase of the website as we introduce new features just for our members.
Here's our section about Advice and Tips from previous year abroaders. In this area, you'll find:
Why not check out our list of useful online resources to practise your language skills!
A country which has been famed for its torn history, its political movements, its varied and picturesque countryside, its fine beverages, its festivals, its innovative music and much, much more, Germany attracts many a mover and a shaker. Thanks to a constantly shifting repartition of power and provinces, Germany, it would be fair to say, has not one, but many, important cities. Munich, Cologne, Berlin and Frankfurt are just a few of the jewels to be found in the Deutschland crown. So many cultural and architectural landmarks can be found across the country, from castles to medieval towns to war ruins and an underground party scene... you’ll be spoilt for choice as to what to do or see.