Enter our competition for a chance to win amazing prizes!
Here at ThirdYearAbroad.com, we think that everyone will benefit from a year abroad. Now we just need to convince them!
What do I do?
We want you to sum up your year abroad for us. You can write us a blog post or a poem, you can send us a photo or a collage, or enter a short video. Be creative!
Your entries will be used to create toolkits to help teachers to promote the year abroad to their students.
The ten best entries will be featured on ThirdYearAbroad.com and winners will be voted for by the TYA team and community!
We have great prizes up for grabs from our sponsors! The overall winner will win a super-cool Luckies Scratch Map to detail your past travels and plan your future ones, whilst the runner up will be able to party their way around the world with their new guide to global festivals! The best entry as voted for by the TYA community will receive a MunchBox from Packed Munches, stuffed full of quintessentially British edible treats! We've also got swanky filter water bottles from Water-to-Go for the winners and runners-up, so that you can have clean water wherever your travels take you!
The deadline is 6pm on 31st October so both past and present year abroaders have plenty of time to get cracking on your entries!
How to enter
I'm Florence Robson, I went to the University of Oxford and I spent my year abroad as a language assistant in Madrid.
Don't forget to let us know you've entered!
For more inspiration, check out the examples below...
1. Make a map of all the places you've visited...
..like this one below!
2. Write a blog post and illustrate it with photos of your time abroad...
...like our editor Florence's final blog post,summarising her year in Madrid!
3. Make a video summing up your year abroad adventures...
...like Arthur's fountain crawl in Chambery!
Terms and Conditions
- Only one entry per medium (no whole blogs, for example - choose your best, all-encompassing post to show us! - but a blog post and a video would be fine)
- No joint entries
- All entries must be the entrant's own property
- Entrants must give a UK address upon entering the competition
- Competition closes at 6pm on 31/10/14. Entries received after this point will not be counted.
- In the event that a prize winner is disqualified from the competition, we will select an alternative prize winner in the same manner as the original prize winner.
- We assume that everyone featured within a submission has given their permission
- Text entries must be no longer than 800 words
- Video entries must be no longer than 4 minutes
- Entries must be the entrant's own property
- By entering the competition, you are giving Third Year Abroad permission to use your entry on ThirdYearAbroad.com and in any further promotional materials