Erasmus Study Placement
- Durham has over 150 Erasmus partners ranging from across Europe and even has partners with candidate countries like Croatia and Turkey.
- Students have the option to study for a minimum of 3 months, up to a maximum of 12 months.
- Most students are eligible to receive a monthly grant.
Overseas Exchange Programme
- Durham University has a range of partners with top global institutions in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Russia, South Africa, Japan and Singapore, and the list of partners continues to grow!
- This scheme is open to all undergraduate programmes (with the exception of Medicine and Pharmacy).
- Academic Exchange Coordinators will assist you in finding the best fit your year abroad.
British Council Assistantship
- Durham Students can work as a language assistant in schools around the world.
- Students receive a salary, and students on placements in Europe are also eligible to receive an Erasmus grant.
Erasmus Work Placement
- Academic Departmental Exchange Coordinators assist students with finding appropriate work placements throughout Europe.
- Work placements can either be paid or voluntary. Most students are eligible to receive a monthly Erasmus grant (in addition to their salary).
- A work placement is a great way to kick start your international career!
To find out more:
- Read articles about the year abroad written by Durham students and graduates
- Find out more about studying abroad from Durham University
- Check out the most recent handbook (2013-14)
International Office – Exchanges & Study Abroad Team
Tel: +44 191 334 6325
View Larger Map