1. Swedish is a language that's part of the Scandinavian group of languages, along with Danish and Norwegian.
2. Swedish speakers can understand Norwegian speakers, yet it doesn't work the other way round - Norwegians can't understand Swedish as easily!
3. Swedish is spoken by a whopping 9 million people.
4. The Swedish alphabet consists of twenty-nine letters, the regular twenty-six of the English alphabet, plus å, ä, and ö; at the end.
5. The ä and ö distinguish it from Norwegian and Danish, which use æ and ø. It's one of the official languages of Sweden, and Finland too!