- If you're a UK student, find out about the year abroad options available to you at particular UK universities.
- UK students can also choose your UK university based on its year abroad offering with this comprehensive guide.
- All students can get exclusive UK discounts and free stuff from StudentBeans.com.
- The UK Council for International Student Affairs promotes and protects the needs of International students in the UK: advice, news, fees, funding, studying and working in the UK.
- The Visa application process unravelled: apply for a visa here to come to the UK.
- Check out Great British Mag: it's packed with articles and videos to entertain and help foreign students to settle into the UK and make the most of your time here.
Why should I choose the UK for my year abroad?
Whether you want a taste of British cuisine (yes, it does exist — Yorkshire pudding anyone?), walking uphill in trendy Bristol, going mad in Europe’s most cosmopolitan city, London, or surfing in Cornwall, Blighty will treat you just right, and have a cuppa brewing for you once you head home. Museums, galleries, pubs, clubs and everything in between will keep you more than entertained. Visually stunning, culturally exploding and socially happening, you’d be hard pushed to find somewhere on Earth so exciting to land.
The UK may be expensive for many, but what you’ll get out of it will be well worth the extra cash; you just have to be savvy with your money. But don’t let the horrific price of transport (amongst other things) stop you from settling in; most museums are free, as is education in some parts, and if you’re working, you’ll be earning for your keep and that extra fish and chips on a Friday evening. So pack up your camera, invest in some woolly jumpers and set off for an experience to remember! Now, where has that umbrella gone?