To apply for the scheme, you must:
- be a native level speaker of English.
- not have received a grant previously to become a Comenius assistant.
- be a UK national or national of one of the participating countries ordinarily resident in the UK.
- be a national of other countries enrolled in regular courses of Higher Education or vocational training, or alternatively in adult learning organisations in the UK. You could also apply if you are employed or living in the UK according to the national legal requirements.
- not have been previously employed as a primary, secondary or further education teacher, including work as a probationer or supply teacher.
- not have been previously employed as a TEFL teacher (this is defined as holders of a recognised certificate level TEFL qualification, e.g. Cambridge ESOL or Trinity TESOL and with over 6 months of teaching experience).
In so far as academic requirements, you must hold one of the following:
- a teaching qualification, although you have not held a regular post as a teacher.
- you are studying towards a teaching qualification.
- a minimum of 2 years of study at Higher Education level, providing access to a future career as a primary or secondary teacher in any subject.
Anguilla, Aruba, Austria, Belgium, British Antartic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Finland, France, French Polynesia, French Southern and Antartic Territories, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mayotte, Montserrat, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia and Dependencies, Norway, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, Spain, Saint Helena, Ascencion Island and Tristan da Cunha, St Pierre and Miquelon, Sweden, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Wallis and Futuna Islands.
Apply through the website here